New programme at EFI established
EFI’s Forest for Society Programme aims to generate scientific knowledge and information for a better understanding of:
- The full value of European forests, the socio-economic viability of Sustainable Forest Management and the profitability of forestry in Europe.
- Stakeholders’ motives, values and preferences regarding forest management, products and services as well as responses to different policy approaches.
- The socio-economic nature and potential of forest products and services in the context of the emerging EU policy framework (green economy, rural development, Forest Strategy, Europe’s strategy 2020, etc).
- The performance of different policy instruments and governance solutions to promote the multifunctionality of forests and their sustainable management.
- New policy approaches and institutional innovations for improved forest policy cohesion and effectiveness in Europe.
The position of the Head of Programme is open now. The deadline for applications is 17 February 2013. Visit EFI’s careers webpage for further details of the position and application instructions.
Back to article listing