2019 YLP focuses on Eurasia
EFI’s flagship Young Leadership Programme targets the leaders of the future, bringing young professionals together with experts to create a new space where change can happen.
The 2019 edition will focus on Eurasia, exploring the potential of the forest-based bioeconomy in China and Russia in connection with Europe. The one-week intensive course will take place in Joensuu from 11-15 March 2019.
The Programme has three main aims – empowering young talent; connecting young scientists and young professionals from business, government, civil society and the media; and building bridges by connecting Europe to other regions.
- learn about the science-policy-business framework affecting the development of forest-based bioeconomy
- advance their interdisciplinary knowledge and analyse trade-offs to understand the opportunities and challenges of bioeconomy
- explore innovative policies, strategies, technologies and solutions which help to promote the sustainable development of the forest sector in China and Russia, and its contribution to the bioeconomy
- strengthen their skills in analytical and foresight thinking, collaborative leadership and facilitating multi-stakeholder processes
- experience cross-cultural and cross-sectoral learning from peers from both countries and beyond
Applications to the programme will open in mid-October 2018. Up to 20 young professionals with a few years of work experience and affiliated with an institution interested or working on Chinese and Russian forest sector and governance issues will be selected.
YLP-Eurasia is organised in partnership with the University of Eastern Finland, Natural Resources Institute Finland and Science Park Joensuu.
Elena Kulikova (elena.kulikova @efi.int)
Photo: Mattias Russo-Larsson - Unsplash