A European high-level forum on the future of forests
- A unique science-policy interface
- An inspiring and dynamic science-policy dialogue
ThinkForest works to
identify information needs related to forest policy questions and
build a common understanding of the problems at hand. By helping policy makers navigate through the wealth of information on offer and providing them with the best available expertise and the latest research-based information it
enables informed decision making on strategic forest issues.
13 November 2014
9.00-11.00 (sandwich lunch 11:00-12:00)
European Parliament, Brussels
- Experiences from the forest and bioeconomy strategies
- What does science say about the future of the forest-based sector?
- Outlook for the European forest-based sector in the bioeconomy
- What policy measures do we need to take?
Hosted by Christofer Fjellner, MEP
Opening by Göran Persson, President of ThinkForest
Keynote by Sylvi Listhaug, Minister of Agriculture and Food, Norway
Photo by F. Radermecker